Doily Wall


This wall was many, many months in the making.  After seeing others on Pinterest, I decided I wanted to make one of these walls.  I first purchased several embroidery hoops from Hobby Lobby.  I laid them out on the floor trying to decide my layout.  After coming out with something I liked, I then hung them on the wall above my bed.  This wasn't difficult because I didn't have to make huge nail holes in my wall.  They are relatively light & a simple clear thumb tack hold them up nicely.

I decided to group them in sets of 3 as the pictures show.  I used a darker wood stain & left others the color they already were.  The color of the embroidery hoop decided the color of the doily.  As shown, if the hoop was left natural, then the thread is ecru.  If the hoop was stained, then the thread is white.

I had a few doilies already made & then had to figure out which ones I wanted to make.  A few of the doilies I made didn't work out to the sizes I needed.  So this process took a while.

From Left To Right
Elise by Grace Fearon - 12" hoop
Debbie by Patricia Kristoffersen - 10" hoop
Exclusive Doily by Mary Werst - 14" hoop
Vanora by Grace Fearon - 18" hoop
Faye by Grace Fearon - 18" hoop
Barbara by Grace Fearon - 12" hoop
Peacock Pride by Patricia Kristoffersen - 10" hoop
Sherrie by Mary Werst - 18" hoop
Sweeter Viennese by Patricia Kristoffersen - 18" hoop
Alexa by Patricia Kristoffersen - 10" hoop
Winter by Grace Fearon - 14" hoop
Tapete Paso A Paso by Anabelia Handmade - 12" hoop
Pineapple Round by Patricia Kristoffersen - 10" hoop



Comments

Popular Posts