Sweet Dreams #8


 Sweet Dreams #8

This is one of my very favorite baby girl blankets.  The difficulty of figuring out the pattern is worth it!  While the body is quite easily made up, it does take a little time to figure out & complete the edging. As written, this blanket works up doll sized.  With my modifications, you should be able to complete this pattern in either baby or fingering weight yarn with no problems.  

I first tried this blanket with Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn Sport & did not care for it.  Some yarns & patterns were not meant for each other.  I went back to the yarn I have made this blanket with (Baby Bee Sweet Delight).

Pattern: Sweet Dreams by Terry Kimbrough

Hook: Size G (4.0mm)

Yarn:  3.67 skeins (1384 yards or 422g) of Baby Bee Sweet Delight in Pink A Boo (Purchased at Hobby Lobby)

Pattern Alterations: Began with a Ch138 & worked 79 rows. This gave me 11 repeats along the bottom & 13 repeats along the sides.  Body of blanket measures about 32" wide by 34" long.  On other blankets I have made this typically takes about 926 yards or 9.83 oz of yarn.  

Border Alterations: In order to make the border fit, Round3 of the edging should have 69 Dcs on the top & bottom & 81 Dcs along the two sides.  (This does not include the (dc, ch1) three times in the corners.) Round7 can be very confusing & it took me several tries to figure it out.  

Size: Finished size of my blanket is 37" wide by 43" long.

I suggest using a steamer & lightly steaming the picots so that they lay nicely.  

If you'd like to make this blanket with Woolike yarn or something similar, see my project notes on this blog post.




Comments

Popular Posts