Ribbons & Ruffles



Ribbons & Ruffles Baby Blanket

I made this for my niece when she was 8 years old with pink yarn.  I don't have pictures or notes of my project from then.  She had her first baby girl & I thought it might be fun to make her a baby blanket in the same pattern.  

Hook: Size G (4.0mm)

Final Size: 37 1/2" wide by 51" long

Yarn: Baby Sweet Delight in Naked. Used almost all 4 skeins or about 1508 yards.

Pattern Alterations & Notes: This pattern is a multiple of 16.  Since I was worried about running out of yarn, I reduced the starting chain.  One skein of yarn completed 47 rows.  After 2 skeins the blanket was measuring 32" long & 30" wide.  Wishing I wouldn't have reduced my starting chain so much because the blanket is not very wide.  After 60 repeats of the pattern or about 120 rows, the body measures 40" long & 30" wide.  Starting border.

Border Alterations & Notes: Round 1, 2 & 3 are completed as the pattern instructs.  Round 4 completed & I have a tiny bit of skein 3 left.  Round 4 consists of a dc in every dc & ch1 space.  Corners are a dc, ch3, dc.  Round 5 is the same as Round 3 of the pattern.  Round 6 is the same as Round 4 alterations.  Round 7 is the same as Round 5 of the pattern.  Round 8 is similar to Round 6 of the pattern only I worked Dc in next Dc, Ch1, work 3Dc in next Ch1 space, Ch1, Dc in next Dc.

















Comments

Popular Posts