Ribbed Double Brim Hat with Barley

This hat is a combination of the Barley Hat pattern & making a Ribbed Double Brim.  This wasn't difficult to figure out.  And I really prefer the double brim to making a long brim that you fold in half.  I watched a few youtube videos to figure out how to make a double brim.  The one I like the best is here.  This hat was given to my brother, Paul, for Christmas.

Needle

US 5 (3.75mm)
US 6 (4.0mm)

Yarn

Cloudborn Fibers Superwash Merino Worsted Twist
Stormy Skies
86 grams (189 yards)

Notes

Bottom worked for Ribbed Double Brim Hat
CO 112 stitches
Worked brim for 4 1/2".  Tried working it to 5 but every time I measured it would still be 4 1/2.  
Middle worked for Barley Hat
28 purl stitches & 84 knit stitches.
Worked until hat total is 7 1/2".
Top Decrease Worked for Ribbed Double Brim Hat Instructions but put purls like in Barley Hat.
Finished size about 9 1/2" long. And 15" circumference.  Double band is very stretchy.

Comments

Popular Posts