Sweet Dreams #7

This is my 7th time making this blanket.  To see all of my blankets, click on the links below.

Blanket #1 - DK Weight

Blanket #2 - Fingering Weight

Blanket #3 - Fingering Weight

Blanket #4 & 6 - DK Weight

Blanket #5 -  

Blanket #7 - Fingering Weight

I have tried to take tons of notes so that when I make this blanket again, I will remember how to increase it’s size without so much work. I LOVE how my blanket turned out. It’s beautiful! But I rated the pattern low because of the work involved in correcting gauge. I hope these notes will help others before they realize they are making a doll sized blanket.

PATTERN ALTERATIONS 

This is my 6th Sweet Dreams blanket. Ch 186 to begin. This makes 15 of the outer border (block) squares & gives me a width of 33”. Each of my border squares is 2 1/4” x 2 1/4”. Completed 17 repeats of the outer border (block) squares. Stream blocking the outer border & especially the picots really helps them to lay more flat!!

YARN - Using Loops & Threads Woolike in Lavender #17.  This is a FINGERING weight yarn. 1 skein of yarn completed 7 repeats of the pattern. 2 skeins of yarn & I am almost through 17 repeats of the pattern. Measures 33 1/2” long. Finished blanket with ? g left of my 3rd skein.
Body takes about 70 min per block repeat. 
Rnd 5 of the border took me about 1 hr 45 min to complete. 
Total blanket takes 35-40 hrs to make.

Pattern Alterations 
Using 3.25 mm (D) Hook. Began with ch 138. This gives me 11 repeats of the outside squares. Blanket measures 32” wide. Worked 79 rows giving me 13 repeats of the outside border. Body of blanket measures 32” wide & 35” tall. Body of blanket used 9.83 ounces (278.7 grams) of yarn or 926 yards.
Edging Round 3 has 69 dc’s on the short size & 81 dc’s on the long side. This doesn’t include the (dc, ch1) 3 times in the corners. 
Row 7 is very confusing! Took me several tries before I figured out the directions.
Finished size 37” wide x 43” long. Used 14.39 ounces (408 grams) of yarn or 1338 yards. 
I used my steamer & lightly steamed the picots. If you’re having trouble getting your picots to lay smooth lightly steaming them will help make the perfect!

Horizontal Increases 
1. If you only increase the pattern by 12 stitches as Renhul suggests, the border will not work. Her project worked because she increased by 24. The border is a multiple of 8 stitches. Whatever you decide to increase by, that number needs to be divisible by 8 for the border & 12 for the block design that surrounds the main body.

Vertical Increases 
The body square is made using 6 repeats Row 9-14. As mentioned before the border is a multiple of 8. So whatever vertical increases you make need to be divisible by 6 & 8.

Comments

Popular Posts