Knitted Barley Hat 4 Dad

 

As a beginning knitter, I was worried about attempting this pattern.  So I was especially glad the pattern was free.  (Buying something to find out it is way above your skill level is frustrating!)  I was excited when I was able to easily complete this fantastic hat easily.  This hat was made for my mom for Christmas.

Pattern
Barley Hat

Yarn

Cloudborn Fibers Superwash Merino Worsted Twist 
Graphite Heather 
0.68 skeins or 150 yards

Needle

US 5 (3.75mm)
US 6 (4.0mm)

Notes
I read the directions incorrectly, so I cast on 110 stitches.  Because of this I had to make several adjustments to the pattern.
Worked ribbing 2"
Worked hat to 8" before starting decrease rows.
DECREASE - 6 separate sections are 19 or 18 knit stitches.  When I got to 50 stitches left, I decreased at beginning & ending of stitch markers.

Comments

Popular Posts