Classic Cuffed Hat

Patterns
Classic Cuffed Hat
Simple As Hat

Yarn
Cloudborn Fibers Superwash Merino Worsted Twisted in Charcoal Heather
74g (162.8 yards)

Needles
US 6 (4.0mm)

Notes

  • I have only been knitting for 4 weeks & was able to complete this hat.  This is my 2nd time making it.
  • This is a thinner worsted weight yarn, so I am using size 6 needles & casting on more stitches.
  • Pattern is a repeat of 8 stitches.  To increase or decrease size do so in multiples of 8.


Gauge Swatch 
26 stitches in 4".

Cast On 
120 stitches using Long Tail Cast On & Size 6 needles.  Tail is about 75" long.

Project Notes
Made ribbing 2"
Made hat 8" length before finishing with the Simple As Hat pattern.
My husband's head is 23 1/2".  After trying it on, he wants a tighter fitting hat.  But my son loves the way it fits.

Measurements
My son's head circumference is 23". Finished hat dimensions are:
Ribbing Unstretched 16".
Hat 19"
Height 10 1/4"
Finished project weighs 74 grams.



Updated Notes

This hat has completely stretched out & is huge now.  I frogged it & will be re-knitting it when my new smaller needles I ordered from KnitPicks arrive.

Comments

Popular Posts