Garter Rib Baby Blanket

After surgery on my right arm, I decided to finally take the plunge into knitting.  When it's frustrating I go back to crochet.  I have made a washcloth & a few hats.  This is my first larger project & I am going very slow at it.  As a side note, I've been learning how to knit by watching videos on https://www.mybluprint.com/home.  I highly recommend watching/purchasing Fearless Knitting: Empowering Techniques For Every Knitter by Lucy Neatby.  Her lessons have reduced my anxiety about dropping a stitch or making a mistake.

Yarn: LionBrand Mandala in Spirit
Needles: Size 7 (4.5mm)

Project Notes:
First real knit project.
Cast on 141 stitches.

I am a super beginning knitter. If I was more advanced I could probably tell the difference between a knit & purl stitch on the wrong side of this blanket. Since I’m not, I am using stitch markers every 12 stitches to help me keep track of where I am.

10/11/2018 - Ugh!  I stepped on my needle & broke it.  Knit picks won't have this size of foursquare needle in stock until 12/14.  I could use a round needle but don't want to take the chance that it will change my gauge.

6/14/2019 - Picking up this & knitting again.


7/22/2019 - Some projects are not meant to be.  This has been a great practice project for working on my tension & getting to knit a little better.  After a lot of thought, I've decided there are still many, many hours of work to get this to where it would be a useable blanket.  And to be honest, it really isn't anything cute.  Rather than continue to work on it, I've decided to frog it.  I'll appreciate it for what it has taught me about knitting & put my time & effort into something that we be useable.  

Comments

Popular Posts