Dahlia Shawl by Lisa Naskrent

This shawl is one of the first I ever made.  So you know it is a simple, well-written pattern.  I absolutely love the look & feel of it.  And the border is ridiculously gorgeous!  It looks fantastic with a pair of jeans or a ball gown at the opera.

You can purchase the pattern on Interweave's Website.

I used 85g (929.6 yards) AppleTreeKnits Silk Lace in 59th Street Bridge colorway with a Size F Hook (3.75mm)

Pattern Notes
2nd time making this shawl.
Making this from the Spring 2011 Interweave Crochet Magazine.
Pattern contains written instruction & charts.

Yarn Usage & Measurements
Row 42 - 18” down spine - 47g of yarn used
Row 46 - 56g of yarn used
Row 50 - 66g of yarn used
Border Row 4 - 76g of yarn used
Border Row 7 - 85g of yarn used
Border Row 8 - 90g of yarn used
Border Row 9 - 95g of yarn used


Pattern Modifications
1. Not liking the sloppiness of the Size G 4.0mm hook.  I looked at other projects I've made with this yarn & I used a Size E 3.5mm hook.  I'm going to frog & start again.  The E hook was too tight, so I ended up using my F hook.  The F Hook is perfect!
2. The instructions say to repeat Rows 7-10 until the shawl measures 20-21".  However, since I am trying to use all of the yarn, I'm going to repeat Rows 7-10 until I've used 2/3 or more of my yarn leaving 1/3 for the border rows. This worked out well. I ended up having 4g of yarn left.







Comments

Popular Posts