Momentous Occasion #2 by Patricia Kristoffersen

Making for a 18" embroidery hoop. 2nd time making this pattern.

Pattern
Momentous Occasion

Yarn
Aunt Lydia's Fine Crochet Thread Size 20
49g or 396 yards

Hook
1.0mm



Pattern Assessment
This is NOT a beginner pattern.  Even after having made several of her doilies, this one was difficult to figure out on a few rows.  This is my 2nd time making this pattern.

  • Round #7 is tricky.  Good thing it's a tiny, little round.  The picture is VERY helpful.  
  • Round #11 - The Split Dtr stitch says to insert the hook in the sc indicated.  This means to work the stitch from front to back around the sc (just like a front post stitch is worked).   
  • Round #23 - This rounds stitch is similar to Round 7 & takes forever!
  • Round #28-30 - I don't know what was wrong with me. I made errors & ripped & made more errors & ripped.  Wishing I wasn't such a perfectionist & I would have fudged.  But knowing they were there would drive me crazy every time I saw it.  I must have crocheted these 3 rows at least 4 times each.  
  • Contact the designer with questions on her Facebook page if you are having trouble with any of the stitches.  She is happy to help.

Measurements & Yardage
Pre-Blocking: 14" diameter
Post-Blocking: 17 1/2" diameter
Weighs 49 grams. Very little yarn left. I'm not sure why on my first one I had to make pattern adjustments so I wouldn't run out of yarn because on this one I had a little yarn left over.


Comments

Popular Posts