Momentous Occasion #1 by Patricia Kristoffersen

Made for my sister, Heidi.

Pattern
Momentous Occasion

Pattern Assessment

  • Round #7 is tricky.  Good thing it's a tiny, little round.  The picture is VERY helpful.  
  • Round #11 - The Split Dtr stitch says to insert the hook in the sc indicated.  This means to work the stitch from front to back around the sc (just like a front post stitch is worked).   
  • Round #23 - This rounds stitch is similar to Round 7 & takes forever!
  • Contact the designer with questions on her Facebook page if you are having trouble with any of the stitches.  She is happy to help.

Pattern Alterations
Round 36 - I knew I was most likely running short on yarn & so after realizing on Round 37 that I had made a few mistakes on Round 36, I frogged it & completed one FPtr tr stitch instead of the Fptr tr Cluster.  Turns out, I was right.  There is very little yarn left even after the change.

Yarn & Usage
DMC Cebelia #20 in Yellow
Yarn label says the color is 745.  But Ravelry says this color is Peach.  This yarn is definitely NOT peach.
Round 1-11: 5 grams
Round 12-23: 13 grams
Round 24-26: 3 grams
Round 27-33: 14 grams
Round 34-36: 7 grams
Round 37-39: 6 grams
Total Round 1-39: 48.5 grams or 403 yards




Measurement
Round 26: pre-blocking 8 1/4" diameter
Round 39: pre-blocking 15" diameter
Could have blocked to 18" but I chose to block to a 17" diameter.

Hook
I wasn't liking the larger 1.25mm hook, so I frogged & began again with a 1.00mm hook.  For this weight of yarn & the texture of the pattern, I like the denser or tighter stitches.









Comments

Popular Posts